I started serious Investing Journey in Jan 2000 to create wealth through long-term investing and short-term trading; but as from April 2013 my Journey in Investing has changed to create Retirement Income for Life till 85 years old in 2041 for two persons over market cycles of Bull and Bear.

Since 2017 after retiring from full-time job as employee; I am moving towards Investing Nirvana - Freehold Investment Income for Life investing strategy where 100% of investment income from portfolio investment is cashed out to support household expenses i.e. not a single cent of re-investing!

It is 57% (2017 to Aug 2022) to the Land of Investing Nirvana - Freehold Income for Life!


Click to email CW8888 or Email ID : jacobng1@gmail.com



Welcome to Ministry of Wealth!

This blog is authored by an old multi-bagger blue chips stock picker uncle from HDB heartland!

"The market is not your mother. It consists of tough men and women who look for ways to take money away from you instead of pouring milk into your mouth." - Dr. Alexander Elder

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle

It is here where I share with you how I did it! FREE Education in stock market wisdom.

Think Investing as Tug of War - Read more? Click and scroll down



Important Notice and Attention: If you are looking for such ideas; here is the wrong blog to visit.

Value Investing
Dividend/Income Investing
Technical Analysis and Charting
Stock Tips

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Financial Independence : Can Point Third Finger When Buay Song With Your Boss???


How about self-employed without bosses to point their third finger?

Without bosses; who else can make self-employed buay song?

Today; Uncle8888 has hokkien mee for lunch!

The famous one with his written rule clearly showed in front of his stall when you are ordering.

One plate for one person!











6 comments:

  1. CW,

    As a man-whore, I have lots of respect to hawkers who scold and tell their customers off ;)

    Of course I don't want to be scolded by the hawker!

    But I admire strength and backbone ;)


    In my weekend gig, I sometimes get cantankerous customers who complain:

    Why no discount?

    Why no free gifts?

    Why no free delivery?


    I gently remind these "entitled" customers that this is retail. The price is clearly marked there. Its an invitation to treat (OK, this will fly off their heads if they never studied Contract Law).

    So plan B I'll say no one forcing them to buy. This is not Sim Lim. Feel free to comparison shop further :)


    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, what if I really want to eat 2 or 3 plates for myself? Ya, can dump extra portions on top of same plate, but just doesn't seem as shiok as having multiple plates in front of me. Plus I don't think 1 plate can fully hold 2 or 3 portions --- he'll take away 10% or 20% of the mee just to fit everything in.

    I know, I know, he'll say "Knn you go eat first! Want some more you come back & queue again!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. One plate cannot be shared by more than one person by taking extra chopsticks. He can't stop fom sharing one plate with one pair of chopsticks. Can have many persons sharing one plate by rotating one pair of chopsticks. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. temperament,

    You didn't know the whole picture.

    One plate only $2.50.

    There's a back story.

    I used to work opposite that hawker centre at Seah Im.


    It seems CW and I don't have a problem with that hawker :)


    And the fact that hawker stall is still in business after all these years, apparently the majority of his customers have no problem with him too ;)


    Go visit and try it out yourself to form your own opinion.




    ReplyDelete
  5. Relak bros :)

    Anyway for me sharing with wifey no prob. We usually order 2 or 3 different dishes whenever we go hawker or food court, and then rotate the dishes. I'll just take 1 pr chopsticks or 1 set fork/spoon for each dish, no prob. Otherwise imagine we have 6 sets of chopsticks/forks/spoons just for 2 people! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Additional effort and time in washing those extra without bringing more revenues. sianz!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails