Are Singaporeans happier when they have lots more money?
Result of study:
- Singaporeans earning less than $2K a month who enjoy life the most.
- The higher the household income, the more a singaporean feels that he or she has not achieved much in life.
- You may live in a million-dollar home but if you owe the bank a lot of money, you are not going to enjoy very much.
- The fear of not being able to sustain the high life "can be a source of strain or unhappiness"
- Happy people know and use their strengths. Naturally, they are better able to enjoy life, which leads to happiness.
- Ability to enjoy life and the feeling of achievement ultimately bring about happiness.
- Contentment is the key to happiness.
- Happiness is a state of mind.