Finding Back The Stolen Wealth By The 2008 Greater Bear
- Portfolio has recovered 133.2% from its low in 2009 while STI has recovered 98.6%.
- Portfolio is 14.3% away from its Peak in Oct 07 while STI is 25.3%.
- Lessons learn from this Greater Bear:
- Cut losses on s-chips in 2008 to recover investing capital and deploy them in some beaten down true blue chips has shown that it is a right strategy for me. From the past bear market lessons, true blue chips will recover faster while some speculative stocks will be lost and gone.
- The truth is that you don't need to win back in the same way that you have lost.
Since 1 Nov 08 that I have given up the faster exciting Contra Trading (or gambling) after three successive months of contra losses for a slower moving Position Trading, how am I doing after that?
1. ROC from 3.1% to 34.3% (I don't use stop loss so no negative ROC)
2. Holding Days from 1 to 329 days (some sins committed in 2008 were cleaned up so longer days)
3. Average ROC: 11.4% per trade
4. Average Holding Days: 54.9 days per trade
(In 2003, I set some bullish progressive goals from 2003 to 2011. Phew!).
I only managed to achieve 47.8% of 2009 Goal
Bigger Goal For 2010
A seriously challenged Goal for 2010 if I opt not to revise it.