I started serious Investing Journey in Jan 2000 to create wealth through long-term investing and short-term trading; but as from April 2013 my Journey in Investing has changed to create Retirement Income for Life till 85 years old in 2041 for two persons over market cycles of Bull and Bear.

Since 2017 after retiring from full-time job as employee; I am moving towards Investing Nirvana - Freehold Investment Income for Life investing strategy where 100% of investment income from portfolio investment is cashed out to support household expenses i.e. not a single cent of re-investing!

It is 57% (2017 to Aug 2022) to the Land of Investing Nirvana - Freehold Income for Life!


Click to email CW8888 or Email ID : jacobng1@gmail.com



Welcome to Ministry of Wealth!

This blog is authored by an old multi-bagger blue chips stock picker uncle from HDB heartland!

"The market is not your mother. It consists of tough men and women who look for ways to take money away from you instead of pouring milk into your mouth." - Dr. Alexander Elder

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle

It is here where I share with you how I did it! FREE Education in stock market wisdom.

Think Investing as Tug of War - Read more? Click and scroll down



Important Notice and Attention: If you are looking for such ideas; here is the wrong blog to visit.

Value Investing
Dividend/Income Investing
Technical Analysis and Charting
Stock Tips

Sunday 8 April 2012

Why self-directed learning in investing can be much tougher than we think? (2)

Read? Why self-directed learning in investing can be much tougher than we think?

When it is a job, most employees will have their KPIs set by their bosses. They will have at least one or two job performance appraisal with their bosses to review their KPIs. The outcome of that performance review will determine the employees' year-end bonus, pay increment, and even promotion prospect. At the same time, new or more KPIs and development plan may be set for the next 1 or 2 years for the employees to achieve.

I treat my stock investing as my second job. I seriously and diligently track, measure, and visualise my investing performance and  do whatever it is necessary to meet my year-end investing goals.  The only difference in this second job is that I don't have a boss to set my KPIs and don't have a boss to do performance review and appraisal. It is self-directed performance review and appraisal against my investing KPIs. The stock market will become the real boss to pay my year-end performance bonus and will also determine how far I can climb the investment ladder.

Unlike my first job the performance review is strictly private and confidential; the second job performance reviews are posted in the cyber world for all to see and comment.

BTW, if you feel that you have not been progressing well in your investment journey; may be you have not been treating stock investing as your second job.

Are there any investing KPIs set?

Or you have seriously mistaken tracking and monitoring as performance measuring and continuous job improvement?

Have you seriously conduct self-directed performance review and appraisal?

Do you have any investment development plan to climb the investment ladder?



1 comment:

  1. CW8888,

    LOL!

    Not only in investing. I find many in work life also mistake tracking and monitoring (looking busy) as doing a good job.

    When doing performance evaluations, I only care about 2 things - how much you have SAVED or EARNED for the company. Everything else is bullshit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails