I started serious Investing Journey in Jan 2000 to create wealth through long-term investing and short-term trading; but as from April 2013 my Journey in Investing has changed to create Retirement Income for Life till 85 years old in 2041 for two persons over market cycles of Bull and Bear.

Since 2017 after retiring from full-time job as employee; I am moving towards Investing Nirvana - Freehold Investment Income for Life investing strategy where 100% of investment income from portfolio investment is cashed out to support household expenses i.e. not a single cent of re-investing!

It is 57% (2017 to Aug 2022) to the Land of Investing Nirvana - Freehold Income for Life!


Click to email CW8888 or Email ID : jacobng1@gmail.com



Welcome to Ministry of Wealth!

This blog is authored by an old multi-bagger blue chips stock picker uncle from HDB heartland!

"The market is not your mother. It consists of tough men and women who look for ways to take money away from you instead of pouring milk into your mouth." - Dr. Alexander Elder

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle

It is here where I share with you how I did it! FREE Education in stock market wisdom.

Think Investing as Tug of War - Read more? Click and scroll down



Important Notice and Attention: If you are looking for such ideas; here is the wrong blog to visit.

Value Investing
Dividend/Income Investing
Technical Analysis and Charting
Stock Tips

Friday 22 June 2018

There were times that I wish I did not invest


Read? There were times that I wish I did not invest


My Singapore equity consisting of mainly blue chip stocks of the STI component stocks declined over the past weeks. As a whole, it declined 23.6% from my costs of purchases. Some stocks were bought as far back as in 2008.

I am of the opinion that to pick stocks for investments is harder with the volatility of stock markets. After buying them, I see them declining later.

Holding cash seems to be an option for now. If inflation is benign, then cash will not be eroded due to inflation. Sometimes one wonders whether it is far better to spend money than to invest and then see one’s investments losing values. That is the stage I am at. I have no confidence in investing right now.

In personal investment blogosphere; we need more hobbyist bloggers like him without any vested commercial interests.

Personal investing with our hard earned saving is tougher than we think after surfacing the cyber world coming across on daily tons of vested interests articles telling investing and trading is simple and easy. You just require their proven methods either FA, TA or FATA or HA




3 comments:

  1. Quote from Temperament: "Stocks bought from 2008/2009 should be in the money."

    Maybe starhub, sph, SembCorp, sia, capitaland, golden agri? Depends which month of 2008 too :P
    Think his overall portfolio still make money lah ... only his individual SG stocks portion disappointed.

    Ya these few weeks will be rather exciting. LOL

    I think Trump still doing his art of the deal thingy. Will have to watch the show in July / August to see the outcome.

    Still got 25% of my portfolio in cash ... must control my itchy fingers ... especially for tech stocks & consumer discretionary. Grrr!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails