I started serious Investing Journey in Jan 2000 to create wealth through long-term investing and short-term trading; but as from April 2013 my Journey in Investing has changed to create Retirement Income for Life till 85 years old in 2041 for two persons over market cycles of Bull and Bear.

Since 2017 after retiring from full-time job as employee; I am moving towards Investing Nirvana - Freehold Investment Income for Life investing strategy where 100% of investment income from portfolio investment is cashed out to support household expenses i.e. not a single cent of re-investing!

It is 57% (2017 to Aug 2022) to the Land of Investing Nirvana - Freehold Income for Life!


Click to email CW8888 or Email ID : jacobng1@gmail.com



Welcome to Ministry of Wealth!

This blog is authored by an old multi-bagger blue chips stock picker uncle from HDB heartland!

"The market is not your mother. It consists of tough men and women who look for ways to take money away from you instead of pouring milk into your mouth." - Dr. Alexander Elder

"For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them." - Aristotle

It is here where I share with you how I did it! FREE Education in stock market wisdom.

Think Investing as Tug of War - Read more? Click and scroll down



Important Notice and Attention: If you are looking for such ideas; here is the wrong blog to visit.

Value Investing
Dividend/Income Investing
Technical Analysis and Charting
Stock Tips

Monday 9 August 2010

Could you live with just 100 things?

Purchase Power: Will It Make You Happy?

'100 Thing Challenge' advocates liberation from the consumer lifestyle. It might even save you some money.

The 100 Thing Challenge is about breaking free from the spurious message of American-style consumerism that has turned many of us into habitual shoppers. It is about the humble admission that we cannot buy perfection no matter how many times we visit the mall, because we humans cannot be perfect. The 100 Thing Challenge is about removing our facade of consumer stuff to reveal our real selves. And it is about the finding joy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Createwealth8888:
  • Two of the things I have got rid off - watch and alarm clock. I don't need them anymore instead I use my mobile phone to tell time and set alarm to wake up.
  • I rarely carry a pen unless I go overseas and need the pen to fill up form. Most of the time if I need to jot down some notes I use my mobile phone's notepad.
  • I can't even recall when did I last bought a book to read. Nowadays I borrow them at the library.
  • I don't even have driving licence.
  • I don't smoke.
  • I rarely eat sweets.
  • I don't wear any accessories such as gold chain. I only wear wedding ring (sufferRing LOL)
  • I don't use hair-cream to keep my hair nice and steady. Anyway, my hair still look neater than Albert Einstein's hair.
  • I don't use Men's Cologne as I don't need to attract mei mei.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Createwealth8888

    It's true, having fewer items in life makes one's life simpler and easier to manage. It also brings more peace of mind as we worry less about the "stuff" in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Createwealth8888

    I agree with on most points except one. Books must be sold before authors get paid. Unpaid authors soon give up writing. Buying new books keep authors working, I had the same idea as you but reading an article on the decline of western(cowboy) fiction taught me that if readers don't support the authors, the will soon give up and do something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    For hot fiction book e.g. Harry Potter, I bought them as kids won't wait to read and they wanted to read now.

    Law of Jungle - only the fittest survive for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    The library is also for all those who can't qualify for higher education but still trying to be an "expert" in something that fancy him or her.
    That's for one of his or her life's SOUL PURPOSE.
    活 到 老 学 到 老

    Ah yes.
    Simple Life.
    Simple Folk.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails